Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Introducing....Loki!


I'm over a month behind in my introduction but this way I can give you an introduction as well as a progress report. I'm efficient.

My dad and I drove down to Iowa on October 14th to grab our new puppy. We met the breeders husband in a tractor supply store parking lot. It was a little weird but it saved me an extra 4.5 hours of driving so I was fine with it.

He slept almost the whole way home. I think we stopped twice to see if he needed to "go" but he was so distracted by all the cars and noise that he just wanted to sit next to me and hide. Country pup.

The kids had basketball in the afternoon so they did not come with us but were eagerly awaiting our arrival.




He has been a snuggly little thing right from the get-go. When Riley lay down that night on the floor to watch a show Loki was not satisfied until he was right next to her.




I think as far as puppies go, we got a winner. Of course, I'm biased. And it helps that I'm his favorite...can you blame him :)

If I sit still long enough you can pretty much guarantee that he will find my feet a comfortable place to take a quick rest.




This sometimes leads to a little bit of jealousy:





Potty training is going well. It took about 10 days for him to get the hang of it. But now he rings a bell by our door when he has to go out. He's also pretty good about peeing in the little spot we made for him under our porch. However, just tonight it seems he is allowing us only about 0.2 seconds to open that door post-ring before he can't hold it any longer. So, I won't say he is completely potty trained, but he is pretty darn close. He also sleeps great at night. Goes to sleep around 9 or 9:30 and wakes up around 6:30 or 7. I hope that someday he will understand the concept of a "weekend" but I'm not holding my breath on that one. That's what the kids are for.

His favorites include: playing with the kids (especially tug of war & fetch), hiding under small spaces,





And snuggling. If you are on the floor, he is in your lap.

All in all everyone is happy. (Riley is beyond happy.) He's been a nice little companion for me during the day. I guess we'll keep him around!

1 comment:

The Pats said...

He's adorable and looks very popular with your family. I've been waiting for pictures so thanks for posting.