Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Bingo Fun



My Aunt Gretchen is in town recuperating at my parents house from a shoulder surgery. She usually comes to visit for a bit each summer and I thought this summer was not going to be in the cards because of her surgery, but the recovery was a bit worse than she anticipated and my parents drove out to Indiana to help her out and then decided it would be easier to just bring her back to MN with them.

Luckily, her shoulder surgery does not affect her daubing skills! Yesterday we were able to sneak away to Mystic for some matinee bingo. As a bonus, it was free dauber day. Not that I am short on daubers. I for some reason have about 8 of them, all of them are almost full. I guess when you only go to Bingo once a year daubers last a long time.





Neither of us won, but we still had a great time. I decided Mystic should have a "throwback" bingo day when electronic machines are not allowed. What fun is it to play bingo if all you have to do is watch a machine and yell "Bingo" when it tells you to. And furthermore, a note to the general public: If you get a Bingo, YELL it. Own it. These people who just raise there hand and barely claim "bingo" in a mumble voice drive me crazy.

I'll get off my Bingo soapbox now.

No comments: