Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Disney World–Day 7

Monday was Austin’s favorite day.  We spent the whole day at Hollywood Studios.  We briefly visited this place on Friday night when we met the Haefner’s, but we didn’t get to see everything it had to offer.  And, this visit was a bit stressful to start.

Austin (and Ellie, but mostly Austin) really wanted to do the Jedi Training Academy.  During this show, the child gets pulled up on stage with about 10 others and they are given padawan robes and light sabers and are trained on how to fight Darth Vader.  Then, Darth Vader arrives and each kid gets to battle him one on one.  As you can imagine, it’s quite popular.  If your child wants to be in the show, you have to go immediately to the Jedi Academy to sign up as soon as the park opens.  So, when they opened the gates, Austin and I took off, at a jog, to sign up.  We were told 3 times to stop running, and each time another parent/child combo zoomed passed us so I started ignoring the warnings just like everyone else.  Isn’t that a good lesson I teach my kid!?  Austin did not feel right about it….he likes to follow rules.  When we got there, there was already about 40 people in front of us.  I felt pretty good about our chances because there are several shows.  Rob and the girls showed up about 10 minutes later and the line was out the door.  We did manage to get both Austin and Ellie signed up for the 1:00 show.

Moving on.

My all time favorite ride of the trip was Toy Story Mania.  I could have ridden it 20 times, but we only had one fast pass and all the others were sold out by 10am and the wait was well over 2 hours long so once was enough.  Ride outside the ride we ran into this guy:

1

I also got to finally ride the Rockin’ Roller Coaster.  Rob went on this ride back in 2004 when I was pregnant with Austin and could not go on it.  He said it was awesome so I was glad to have my chance.  Zero to 60 in 2.8 seconds is definitely awesome.  However, even with a fast pass, the wait was not.  Sorry kids.

2

I think she kind of looks like she’s on set waiting for her dance number for some teeny bopper Disney show.

By 12:45, when it was time to report for Jedi training, it was 110 degrees.  I’m not joking.  I looked at my phone app.  Rob took Austin and Ellie to the air conditioned room to get ready and Riley and I headed to the stage to get good seats because the show right before ours was completely filled and I wanted to make sure we were able to get some good pictures.  That was a mistake.  Riley and I immediately began to melt.  There was no shade to be had and I was drenched in sweat.  I don’t typically sweat so when Rob saw me he was shocked.  But, I digress, our kids were eager to get started!

3

4

Ellie was almost the youngest, but that cutie on the left was a year younger (and she did a wonderful job!).

The Jedi trainer took everyone through the moves they needed to learn.  Austin soaked in every word. He’d already been in training (in his mind) for a few years.

5

Ellie was enjoying herself too and really studying the moves.

6

However, once Darth Vader stepped out, the game was over and he was far too real looking for her.  She cowered to the back of the group and was rescued by a cast member who brought our tear-filled daughter back to us.

Austin avenged her.

7

Everyone received their diplomas and I immediately passed out from heat exhaustion.  Okay, not really, but I was definitely feeling faint.  Imagine how Darth Vader felt….that costume cannot be cool.

We took it easy the rest of the day since it was so warm.  We visited a couple other characters:

8

9

We rode a couple more rides and all enjoyed some ice cream treats before we called it a day and headed back to our pool.  That pool felt amazing!

No comments: