Monday, September 9, 2013

Riley too

Today, officially, everyone is back to school.  Including Rob.  But, I didn’t take the traditional “back to school” photo in front of the tree for Rob.  I do have Riley’s though:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Last night she was sad; today she was excited.  I’m hoping that the excited feeling remains.  If you remember, last year she had zero interest in going to school.  None.  I don’t know if I can handle another year of tears almost every time I mention going to school.

We are trying something different this year.  We have a neighbor girl, Alia, going to the same class as Riley.  So, on Mondays Riley will be going to Alia’s house right after Austin and Ellie get on the bus.  Then Alia’s mom will be watching the girls, feeding them lunch, bringing them to preschool and picking them up.  I will return that favor on Wednesdays.  Therefore, every Monday I am free from 8:30-3:30! 

I am only 4 hours into this new set-up and it is amazing what I can accomplish.  The idea is that I spend the full 7 hours working for Cargill.  I think realistically I will get in about 5-6 hours.  I also reserve the right to spend an occasional day doing absolutely nothing.

I do miss her though.  She’s a pretty fun little girl.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Even when I ask her to brush her hair out of her face so I can take another picture and she complies, and then as I’m snapping the picture she says “I’ll also stand on just one foot, like this.”.

Okay, sweetie.  Whatever floats your boat.

No comments: