Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Flour Game

This is what happens when we get bored.  And by “we” I mean “me”.

I came across this on pintrest and thought my kids might get a kick out of it.  So, one night after dinner, we had an unusual family game night.

Here’s the rules:

  1. Pack a bunch of flour into a teacup (or regular cup if you do not own any teacups, like me)
  2. Tip the packed cup onto a big plate, remove the cup to reveal a tower of flour
  3. Place a lifesaver, or other small treat on the top
  4. Give someone a butter knife and instruct them that they can make a cut of the “cake” anywhere they want, starting at the top and going all the way down to the plate.
  5. The knife goes around and everyone continues step 4 until someone makes the lifesaver fall.
  6. That someone then has to pick up the lifesaver using only their mouth.
  7. Hilarity ensues.

 

Steady…..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

 

Our first victim!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

For the record, she was our 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th victim as well.  She either a) loves flour b) loves making a fool of herself, or c) needs to work on her hand/eye coordination  (or maybe d) all of the above).

We eventually got them all:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Even Rob, who was NOT a fan of my shenanigans.  But, judging by Riley’s face, was a crowd favorite.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Austin ended up making a sacrificial cut just to see what it was like:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Yours truly has such skilled hands that I never fell victim to the lifesaver.  And I am fine with that. 

The moral of the story is to be careful with the phrase “I’m bored.” in my house!

No comments: