Friday, April 26, 2013

My Girly Girl

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Ellie is my girly girl.  She prefers to wear dresses every day, she spends her free time prancing around the house and singing, and she loves watching herself in the mirror pretending to be a “fashion star”.  She has even begun to perfect her “walk” which is an exaggerated hip sway as she sashays down the imaginary runway stopping to toss her luxurious locks over her shoulder with the quick turn of her head and a wink.  It’s quite something.

Last night she asked me to curl her hair in the morning for school.  She looked pretty cute if I do say so myself….and I do. 

It’s cute now because she’s 5.  When she is 13 and hogging the bathroom, whining about clothes, and {hopefully not} using the school hallways for her runway – it will not be so cute. 

I’ll just enjoy it now.

No comments: