Thursday, March 7, 2013

Private Karate Graduation

Austin is so special he gets his own private ceremonies now!

1

Actually, I had the time wrong.  I thought it started at 6pm.  I couldn’t find the time on the schedule or on the website and I was so certain it was 6pm that I didn’t call.  Well, it’s at 5:30.  Oops.  But, Mr. Roell was nice enough to stick around after everyone else left and let Austin go through everything by himself.  He’s doing his Kalm Sun form in the above picture.

He also had a goofy conversation with Mr. Roell:

Mr. Roell:  Austin, is this your grandfather with you?

Austin:  No.

Austin:  Well, if by that you mean Grandfather is a nickname for Grandpa, then yes.  You can just call him Grandpa Smith

Mr. Roell:  Ha ha…okay.  How about I just call him Awesome?

Austin:  Ummm, yeah, he’s kind of awesome.

Mr. Roell: Kind of?

Austin:  I mean pretty.  Pretty Awesome.

Despite a not getting to perform with the rest of the class, Austin was pretty awesome himself.

2

He’s now a purple belt working towards his blue belt.  1/4 of the way through the program.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Congratulations Awesome Austin!!! We are so proud of all you've accomplished in your karate!!