Friday, January 18, 2013

Runchey Christmas 2012

We celebrated with Rob’s family the weekend before Christmas.  And if you ask our kids, we couldn’t get there fast enough!  Just once, I would like to go to their house and have everything we need.  But alas, it didn’t happen this trip…and it probably never will.  This time I forgot Grandma and Grandpa Runchey’s present to Riley.  I had picked it up for Patti and wrapped it.  Then when I packed up I counted the presents to make sure we had one for each of our Godchildren and I did.  But I forgot about Riley’s.  But, after 20 calls and texts back and forth between my parents and Rob’s friend, Ryan, we got it on Saturday in time for presents!  Phew!  Because, she was REALLY excited!

runchey xmas 3

All our pictures from this weekend are pretty boring.  Just kids opening presents:

 

 

 

 

runchey xmas 2

 

runchey xmas 4

runchey xmas 1

With all those grandkids, things can get a bit hairy, but everyone did awesome!  We opened from youngest to oldest and the kid opening sit in the center of our circle so we could all see.  There were a lot of happy kids!

We spent the rest of our time eating.  I’m sure we did other things too, but we ate a lot!  It was nice because all the kids are at great ages to just play without much supervision and the Runchey’s have a great big basement where we can send them all!  I think the adults even got to play a board game this year (something we did a lot of pre-kids).  We’re slowly regaining control back from the kids!

We had an awesome weekend!  One more Christmas to report on…

No comments: