Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Horseplay

And I mean that quite literally.  Yesterday my dad came over to watch the kids so that Rob and I could attend school conferences without bringing them along.  It’s a lot easier to pay attention to the teacher when you don’t have to worry about what your children might be doing in the hallway!

When I came back home I walked in to an oddly quiet house.  I could hear the kids…sort of.  It was a muffled noise I heard and I finally found the crew outside.  But, not just outside, outside in their Halloween costumes.  One pink unicorn, one brown horse, and one Snake Eyes (GI Joe).  And they were attacking one grandpa.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Actually, taking flying leaps onto his back.  In the above picture there is a pink unicorn tangled around Grandpa’s neck and a Snake Eyes flying through the air onto his back.  And a Horse waiting to do the same.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I snapped a few pictures then went outside and observed for another 10 minutes or more before anyone realized I was even home.

To say the kids were having a blast is an understatement.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

 

Hopefully Grandpa was enjoying himself as well.  I don’t know who wouldn’t want to be kicked in the head by a unicorn while a horse attempts to stand on your back.  All the while stopping an attack from Snake Eyes.

2 comments:

The Pats said...

It looks like a good time was had by all - especially Grandpa. How's your back today, Dan?

Grandpa said...

nlywsiI had a wonderful time. The day was perfect to be outside