Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Here Fishy Fishy!!

A couple weekends ago we took the kids fishing on my parents pontoon.  My dad has been generous enough to meet me out there a few times to drive the boat alongside me as I swam and trained for my triathlon and one of the mornings the kids came with and we did some fishing.

I caught the first fish…a bullhead.  Then Rob caught a walleye and a large-mouth bass (a little one).  And then Austin shouted from the front “Ummm…guys! My bobber’s gone!” so Rob ran up front and talked him through it all and Austin reeled in his first fish!

1

 

He was very proud!  But, that was as close as he was getting to that fish.  Poor Rob barely got to do any fishing since he was the only one willing to put the leeches on the hooks.  Riley didn’t mind holding the leeches (weirdo) but she hasn’t mastered the fine art of putting them on the hook yet.  I’m sure he’ll teach her.  I caught one more large-mouth bass and then we called it a day. 

Ellie and Riley didn’t have any nibbles but they also put forth very little effort.  They were content to just bounce around the pontoon.  We have since gone back once more to fish but we didn’t have any luck at all.  My dad wasn’t with that time so maybe he’s the lucky charm. 

I think Austin has caught the bug.  He wasn’t deterred at all by not catching anything on our last trip.  I see some fishing trips in the boys’ future!

No comments: