Monday, August 13, 2012

Date Night!

Rob and I hadn’t had a date in what felt like a long time so we finally got around to hiring our favorite babysitter (and niece) to come over for a few hours last Friday evening!  We opted for a night of fishing!

We’ve been out on the pontoon quite a bit this summer, but it’s a whole different ball game when you don’t have the kids with!  So peaceful!

Rob picked up some KFC (not something we ever have….but it was perfect!) on his way home and when Maddie got to our house we were on our way!

It was a perfect night to spend out on the boat.  Rob got to fishing right away while I ate (I don’t touch leeches – especially if my other option is fried chicken and biscuits!).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

By the time I finished inhaling my food he had my rod all set up for me.  One fish got away while I was mid-bite of mashed potatoes….and that was the only bite I had all night.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

As you can see, I’m a very focused and diligent fisherman.  Beer….book…oh, and my bobber.  I glanced up every once in awhile to make sure it was still floating nearby…it was.  Always.

I can’t remember the exact number but I’m pretty sure Rob caught a few fish.  Or, maybe it was just one fish and several bites.  Either way it was a great night and hopefully something we’ll do again sooner rather than later!

No comments: