Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Freezer Paper….Who Knew?

Maybe I’m the last person to know this trick, but I just found out that you can use freezer paper to help make design stencils for shirts!

I had to try it out for Austin’s Lego party!  He helped me pick out the design he wanted and it was super simple!

So, in case anyone doesn’t know how to do this, here ya go:

1.  Find a design, print it out, and trace it onto a piece of freezer (onto the paper side).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

2.  Cut out the design and iron it onto your shirt.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

3.  Use fabric paint and do at least 2 coats.  I used a hair dryer in between coats to speed up the drying time.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

4.  When it’s all dry, peel off the freezer paper and VOILA!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

For my first attempt, I’m happy.  Next time I need to make sure I have ironed around the edges enough.  I had a little bit of paint bleed through in places.  I’m already trying to decide what I will do next.

No comments: