Friday, June 8, 2012

School’s Out!

Right before school got out I was talking to my sister and she mentioned someone she knows has a giant neighborhood water balloon fight when the bus dropped off the kids on the last day of school.  I thought that sounded awesome, but only one other kid gets off the bus with Austin so we’d have the forgo the “neighborhood” part and just get him on our own!

This past Wednesday was the last day of school so while he was off having fun (because I know no work gets done on the last few days of school) the girls and I were at home preparing for our battle!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

51 water balloons (the package was actually labeled “51”…I didn’t just get a bonus balloon). 

And after the bombardment I thought everyone might enjoy some refreshments:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

That’s Rob’s new snow cone maker he got for his birthday.  It’s been used daily.

We invited one other neighborhood family and she had her daughter get off at Austin’s stop.  We were going to pelt them right as they got off the bus, but decided instead to contain it to the backyard so I put out some signs to direct the kiddos:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Just in case they had any valuable end of the year projects that shouldn’t get wet.

And then my partners in crime and I just waited.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And finally…..

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I was trying to video tape it all, but unfortunately my partners in crime were kind of lacking in the “aim” department so I had to step in and take matters into my own hands!  Bullseye!

51 water balloons goes fast!  Luckily, we had some other fun planned.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is our brand new pool/slide for the summer!  It is going to be a blast!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Next year we’re going to get him right off the bus….too bad for any special end of the year projects!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Wow, that pool/slide looks mighty fun, everyone will want to party at your house.