Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Out with the Old, In with the New!

 

We have only had our van since November of 2007, but in that time, the transmission has been replaced (twice), the driver’s seat had 2 large cracks in the leather, the dohicky under the hood malfunctioned, the knob that directs airflow stopped working, and there was a “whirring” noise coming from the engine on the passenger side.  To boot, within the last 2 weeks the engine started “stuttering” like it did right before the transmission went out.  We definitely got a lemon.

This past weekend Rob found just what he was looking for in a new (used) van and we are now the owners of a new van with more technical gadgets inside than I know what to do with.  The engine doesn’t stutter, and it’s so quiet inside (or my kids have gotten louder).

Our little hoarder was sad to give up the old van.  The conversation went a little like this:

Me:  Austin….tomorrow we’re going to pick up a new van!

Austin:  Fun!  We’ll have 2 vans!

Me:  No, we’ll give them this one and we’ll just have the new one.

Austin:  *whimpering* But….I LOVE this van.  I love the TV

Me:  The new one has 2 TVs!

Austin:  But I love that chair that folds down

Me:  The new has the same chairs (without cracks in the leather!)

Austin:  But I love the back…..the back is my favorite part!

Me:  Let’s just take your picture with the van before we trade it in and then you can have that picture forever.

Austin:  Okay.

So, here is Austin with his favorite van:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After I shot this picture he said “Okay, now one from the back!”……

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

After he was satisfied with the photos we went and picked up our new van.  On the way home he watched actual TV on one of the TVs, and I think Riley watched a DVD on the other one.  I’m pretty sure he hasn’t given the old van a second thought.

By the way, I could start a whole other blog revolving around things Austin wants to keep forever and I offer to instead take a picture of before I throw it away:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments: