Tuesday, September 13, 2011

11 Years and Counting

This past weekend Rob and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary.

We were really romantic.  On Friday, I ran around with the girls while Rob and my dad worked all day on our mudroom redo (which will someday be it’s own post).  A big huge thanks goes out to my dad for helping and to my mom for lending him to us!  Friday afternoon I picked up Austin from school and we went directly to Amboy, MN to meet up with Bob and Patti.  They then took our car, and more importantly, our kids back to their house in Iowa.  So, a big thanks to them too!  When I got home, Rob had prepared our favorite meal!

Promptly after eating, we went to Lowe’s to purchase what we needed for the next day.  I told you it was romantic.

Saturday morning we were downstairs working in the mudroom by 8:30am.  Rob put another layer of mud on the sheetrock and I tried to plan out how we were going to cut our cement board before tiling.  I found out I am not a pen and paper planner.  I’d much rather plan as I go….which I guess really isn’t planning.  So, Saturday we spent the majority of our day laying cement board and working on more mudding/taping.

We did call it quits at 2pm to go get pampered with massages, then shopping for Rob’s work clothes, and then dinner at Wildfire.

Sunday morning, while Rob went back to Amboy to get our kids, I tiled the mudroom.  My dad swung by 1/4 of the way through and helped with a lot of cutting.  I’m certain there were many instances were he could have just stood there and laughed at me…to his credit, he didn’t.  He left 3/4 of the way through and I was literally laying the last two tiles when Rob and the kids walked in the door!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

11 years doesn’t really feel any different than 1 year (aside from the 3 obvious differences we added halfway).  I think that is a good thing.  He’s still the person I am most excited to see each day and the person who knows when I need a break from a crazy day.  It’s amazing what all he does for me and our family and I think I will renew his contract for another 11 years!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Great picture of you two. Happy Anniversary!

Kerry said...

I feel horrible that I forgot your anniversary! Yeah! Hooray! Happy Anniversary!! Cheers!