Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Our beach compromise

We have a winner.  The kids LOVE going to the beach.  I much prefer a pool.  Our compromise has been found. 

As it turns out, Shakopee has a place called Sandventure which is a sand bottom lake-type pool.  We checked it out on Tuesday.  I'm not sure if it was because it was the 5th and most people were still on vacation, or if it was because it was a cloudy day at first, but whatever the case, the place was dead!  Fifteen people had to be there by 1pm or they would close down and I think at 1pm there was 16 people total.  Phew, just made it.

The kids had a blast playing in the sand and then running into the water.

I packed a lunch which they gobbled down in record time so they could get back in the water (too bad they had to wait for their slow poke mom to finish eating).

Austin spent a lot of time rolling around in the sand.  Literally.  The picture below is a fairly clean version of what he looked like.  When we got home I asked him what he was doing and he told me he was trying to be a stonefish.  I should have known it was creature related.

Anyway, it turned into a beautiful day.  I managed to get sunscreen on all the kids, my legs, arms, and stomach, but apparently I was side tracked before I got my back.  Ouch.

We bought a punch pass so we'll get to go at least one more time this summer!

No comments: