Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Vegas: Days 2-4

After our day of hiking, the rest of the days were kind of a blur.  We only slept in until 8am or so.  I know that is not sleeping in by anyone else's standards, but that was pretty great for us.  Then we took advantage of the 60 yard pool and did some lap swimming in the morning.  That was quite a bit different than the 25 yards we're used to at the gym!  After our workouts we typically went to the restaurant at the Paris hotel called "Mon Ami Gabi" where we dined on strawberry waffles and chocolate and bacon waffles (kind of counter productive after a workout I suppose).  From there we headed to the pool where we stayed until 3pm.  It was perfect!

On our last day Mary ditched work and came to the Bellagio to hang out at the pool with us for the day.

It was nice for me to have someone to chit chat with because I was usually too ancy to just sit still by the pool.  Rob had no problem just laying there and reading.....see:

Doesn't he look annoyed that I'm bugging him to snap a photo!  He wasn't really, and did partake in some of our pool shenanigans.

Mary recently purchased a waterproof camera for her work so we decided to take some fun underwater photos.

Self portraits aren't as easy to do when you're under water.  Sometimes they're just plain crazy looking:

Our last night in Vegas we finally hit up a show. 

We opted to see Terry Fator.  He's the ventriloquist that won "America's Got Talent" a few years ago.  I took a few videos I'll save for the next post, but he was pretty amazing.

Most nights we did a little bit of gambling.  I have a new favorite slot machine there.  It's a Wizard of Oz game and it's pretty interactive.  The first night I played I won $20 (not bad when you're betting pennies) but I'm sure I lost that the 2nd time I played.  We also played craps, but only once this year.  We're too frugal to play the $10 tables and the $5 tables were pretty packed.
It was an extremely relaxing vacation.  Just what we were looking for.  Once again, we owe a big thanks to our parents.  Rob's parents drove up for the first half of the trip and my parents took over on the second half.  It's easy to go on, and enjoy, a vacation when you know your kids are in great hands!

No comments: