Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wise Beyond His Years


I just may have the sweetest little 5 year old boy around.  It's Spring Break around here so I am getting a little extra time with Austin.  He's having another fever so the extra time has mostly been spent snuggling.  Today, I think he is starting to feel better and in the middle of playing with his legos, to create some sort of spaceship for his Star Wars guys, he popped his head up and said "Mom!  I have a present for you!"  Expecting some sort of lego gift I held out my hand for my present.  Instead, I was delighted when he ran over to me and gave me a giant hug.  I said "Well, Thank you Austin!  That was really nice." to which he replied "Yep, Love is one of the best presents".

And he went about his business.  And I still haven't wiped the smile off my face.

No comments: