Monday, March 14, 2011

Sisters

When Ellie was only 5 months old and I found out I was pregnant again one of the main things that I kept telling myself was "at least they will be close and play together a lot".  When I found out I was having a girl it only compounded my hopes for sisters that were also good friends.

Instead what I got was a spunky third child who has made it her life's ambition to torture her older sister.

Until recently.  I hope we are rounding a corner here where the girls do less fighting and more playing.  We just started to make the turn so it's still pretty rough, but I do believe we are striking a more equal balance of time spent arguing and time spent agreeing.



They made these leprachaun hats at Playworks today and Ellie insisted on a picture together.  Even in this picture you can tell that Riley is plotting her next move.

Baby steps.

No comments: