Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Shut-In

We're experiencing some terribly annoying car troubles.  I could post several pages revealing my complete annoyance with the mechanics, but I'll keep that to myself.  What it boils down to is that I am at home, without a car, for the 2nd day in a row.  I'm definitely a mom who likes to get out of the house and run errands and take the kids places so I am going crazy.

This morning we have already dressed up in our Halloween costumes, then undressed.  Then I went down to clean up breakfast stuff and after 30 minutes realized the kids were being incredibly quiet upstairs.  It was suspicious so I went upstairs (with camera in hand should I find something funny) only to find this:

Innocently playing on Ellie's new computer thing  (Actually, it's the Fisher Price iXL and I HIGHLY  recommend it!).  Then I continued straight and came across this:

I wasn't too surprised as I told Ausitn this morning he could have a "camp out".  I didn't know it was going to be on my bed. But, no worries.  It occupied them for quite some time so I can't complain.

After the campout and computer time we played Princess.  I just can't imagine a cuter princess ever existing.


Once we exhausted our efforts with the princess portion of our morning it was down stairs for a little phy.ed.  Riley received this bouncing ball for Christmas.  It's been a hoot to watch the kids on.  Actually, they are getting much more coordinated on it, so it's not nearly as entertaining as it was in the beginning stages, but for your viewing pleasure anyway:


And that brings us to 10am.  Phew, that's a whole lot of day left.  Currently we have cookies in the oven for our snack and the kids are waiting for me to go play "school" with them.  I will educate them on the importance of self-entertainment.

No comments: