Sunday, November 21, 2010

Flu Palooza

Rob just returned from another 2 week trip to South America.  Chile this time.  He arrived just in the nick of time!  Well, actually, his assistance could have been used a day early, but I'll take what I can get.

The first week went smoothly.  Austin had one of his fevers for 4 days, but it was easily controlled with ibuprofen and ran it's usual course.  The second week Austin came running into the bathroom at 9am and threw up in the toilet/floor.  He had acquired a cough somewhere so I thought he had just been coughing too hard and sort of gagged himself.  He seemed fine.  Twenty minutes later he came running down the stairs and lost it half way.  Lucky for me, he hadn't had breakfast yet so cleanup was easy.  He continued to vomit for the next 20 hours every 30 minutes.  It was a long day to say the least.

Friday morning Rob came back late morning and we picked him up at the airport.  Austin still wasn't feeling 100% so we just went home and watched more movies.  Saturday at 3am or so Ellie came running in the room saying "Mommy!  Mommy! I'm sick!" and as I was trying to wake up and understand it all, Rob jumped up on his side of the bed and said "What's wrong?"  Now, normally that would be no big deal, but he hasn't been there for 2 weeks, and in my drowsy state I had completely forgotten he was home so you can imagine my shock that there was a man in my bed.  He was seconds away from being kicked in the face.  Luckily, I came to my senses. 

We turned our attention to Ellie who also vomited every 30 minutes for the next 20 hours.




Eventually she started to get some color back and cracked a small smile.

Riley had a 102 fever all yesterday but no puke (yet).  I wouldn't say we're out of the woods yet.  Austin had a late night episode last night but it was just once and he's been fine since.

Hopefully we're over the worst.  It was a nice "Welcome Back" for Rob I'm sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that your chair is facing the wrong way. As an avid television watcher, I must let you know that is would not be the ideal way to face to catch your favorite show.