Thursday, September 16, 2010

Single Parenting

It's not for me!  One thing is for sure, when I'm the only one around here 24 hours a day, there is no time for blogging. 

Rob went fishing at Lake Winnie (or Winnebegosh or Winnebegoshes???) last week from Thursday until Sunday afternoon.  Sunday night we attended my Mom's 60th birthday party at Wildfire (yum!) and then Monday morning Rob left again for a trip to Canada for work.

Something about Rob not being here makes me more productive.  I don't know what it is.  I think I try to keep myself busy and the kids busy so that none of us sit here and dwell over our circumstances.

Here's some of the things we've done:

  1. Greased all hinges on our squeaky doors (Austin helped)
  2. Created a whole lunch around the letter "P" (it was practically perfect)
    1. Pizza
    2. Popcorn
    3. Peaches
    4. Pop
  3. Got a new cell phone when Riley delivered the fatal blow to my already slightly broken phone
  4. Changed my rear blinker light (I'm now a professional and had it done in under a minute)
  5. Patched up some damaged walls
  6. Created no less than 3 different forts, 4 Lego ships, and 2 princess castles.
Plenty more happened, and continues to happen, but those are some of the highlights.  The kids and I had the chance to video chat with Rob yesterday on the computer and that was pretty cool.  It was the first thing Ellie asked to do this morning.

No photo documenting this week. 

Things will return to status quo soon and maybe then the blog will be back on track as well!

No comments: