Thursday, August 5, 2010

Too far

The other day Austin took his Star Wars obsession to a new level.

He has been working on his chart all summer.  His chart is my way of keeping up any sort of academic skills he picked up in preschool.  Writing his name, working on coloring (which he hates), legos for dexterity, and a little bit of reading for letter sounds and recognition.  It's just enough to keep him going, but not bog him down.  Also, he earns a sticker for each item accomplished and the stickers have earned him various awards (his pick of a park, a popsicle, a Star Wars guy, etc). 

This past weekend while he was working on some letters I ran upstairs to take a shower.  When I came down, I came down to this:

Austin decided to turn the markers on himself and draw a scar on his eye, just like Anakin.

He probably should receive an extra sticker for creativity.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my, that's hilarious!!

Carol said...

It's so great, I definitely think an extra sticker is in order. Gotta love it!