Thursday, August 12, 2010

Re-creating the Past

Growing up, we had a nice in-ground pool.  Around 5th or 6th grade, we got a trampoline.  Around 8th grade I finally put the two together.  Sometimes with my brother's help, sometimes without, I would drag the large trampoline over to the edge of the pool and then bounce and leap off the trampoline into the pool.  It was hours of entertainment.  Then one day my parents discovered what we were doing and that was the end of that.  Or so they thought.  Really, we would just make sure everything was back in place by the time they came home from work.

It was a good time.  But my kids, they do not have a trampoline.  Rob has made it quite clear that they never will.  We don't have a nice in-ground pool either....but I'm not ruling it out yet.  What we have is a small 5 foot in diameter plastic pool that, completely filled, is less an a foot deep.  And a swing set with a slide.


(That's Riley in there)

It's not quite the same creation, but it sure was fun.

No comments: