Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Finally 5!

Amongst his friends, Austin is the youngest.  When his friends started turning 5 years old, the waiting began.  Well, finally, on the 8th, Austin turned five years old!


He finally crawled out of bed at 8:45 and snuggled in my lap (good thing five year olds still snuggle) and said "Good morning!  Hey, I think my voice sounds different....I must be five!"  I spent the next 15 minutes trying to convince him he could do unbelievable things now that he was five.  You know, vacuum the house, clean the toilets, sweep the floors...  Yeah, he didn't buy it either.

After breakfast we filled the pool and were outside swimming by 9:30 in the morning!  They took a small break for lunch but Austin was right back outside while the girls slept.  Austin had his friend Mia over to play in the pool some more. 

Rob came home early, Austin opened his presents and decided he wanted to go to the Lion's Tap for his birthday dinner.

We walked in and he immediately told the hostess "It's my birthday!  Will you put a candle on my grilled cheese?" and she said "We'll see...".  Not only did she put a candle on his grilled cheese, she got the attention of the whole back room by saying "Excuse me everyone!  It's Austin's 5th birthday, let's all sing to him!"  Austin sat there stunned by all of the sudden attention.  It was a bit more than he was looking for!

After dinner it was back home to play with his new Star Wars gear.  The girls went to bed and Austin and Rob stayed up to watch the Clone Wars and reinact the scenes.

A pretty good birthday for a pretty fantastic five year old.  He is one sweet, loveable little guy, and I am one lucky mom!

No comments: