Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Big Girl Bed

On Monday night Riley demonstrated some newfound escape artist skills.  When we put her in her crib to sleep, she proudly came bouncing out of her room.  Four times.  She not only climbed over her crib railings, she climbed over the highest part of her crib railing, proving that the one last notch to lower her bed was not going to stop her. 

Yesterday, after nap, I decided to change her crib into a bed.  I knew I would regret this move later that night, but I showed her, she was one proud little girl!

She was so excited that her brother and sister could easily join her on her new "big girl bed".

So excited, in fact, that she immediately invited them in for a sleep over. 

A sleep over with every piece of gear they could possibly need.  At which point Riley realized she didn't have a pillow and yelled "I want a pillow, Mom!"  But, given the amount of movement she puts in during any given night, I think we'll keep the pillows on the floor for the time being.  In the middle of the night, that location will probably serve her a better purpose.

No comments: