Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Twins Territory

Rob, his dad, and brothers started a tradition a few years ago.  You see, Bob, Rob's dad, is a huge Braves fan.  Huge.  With the intensity of which he watches the games, you'd think he is part owner.  Maybe he is.

But, I digress, the guys have started to attend Braves games at a different stadium each year.  From what I can remember, they've been to Atlanta, Washington D.C, Milwaukee, and this year the new Twins stadium.  It just so happens that the Twins played the Braves this past weekend, and since the Runchey's were already in town for Ellie's birthday, it worked out well.  Or, maybe we planned Ellie's birthday around the Braves....either way, it worked out well.

The guys went to the game on Friday night.  The weather was crappy all day, but cleared up just in time for the game.  The Twins won.

On Saturday night Patti and I joined the guys for the second game.  Hence, my camera came too, and this is the game I can document.

The weather:  not so great.  It could have been much worse, but it was a steady drizzle until the 6th or 7th inning.  Around the 7th inning Rob and I went to go walk around the new stadium and I used the weather as a perfect excuse to get a new shirt!  I may, or may not have underdressed just a tad thinking about a cute new twins shirt.  The world will never know.

New shirt in hand (or actuallly, on body) we headed back to our seats with renewed zest and warmth.  When we sat down we realized it had stopped raining and it turned into a nice night for some baseball. 

There were a few suspenseful plays and the Braves pulled off a victory.  Although I am a Twins fan no matter who they are playing, I was happy that Bob was able to see his team win.

Here's the guys after the game:


I tried to get a shot of Patti:


Once Rob convinced her that the steady rain did not completely ruin her hair:


And proof that I was there as well:

I am not a huge baseball fan, but that game was a lot of fun and I would have even gone back for the last game of the series on Sunday, if I had tickets.  But, since the Braves pounded the Twins during that game, perhaps it was for the best we didn't go.

Thanks Bob for taking us out to the game! 

3 comments:

Kerry said...

That's a great shot of Bob and the boys!

Carol said...

Great family pictures - looks like everyone was having a great time!

Anonymous said...

Tracy,
Thanks for putting up with all of the Runcheys this past weekend. We all had a great time. The picture of the guys is great, but I think everyone here feels that I had a reason to worry about my hair. Next time I'll wear a hat!! Love, Patti