Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Mother's Day around here started earlier than I would have liked.  Austin was scheduled to "wow" the church with his (and all the other sunday school kids') vocal talents.  I'm sure that the music staff figured having our own kids sing to us on Mother's Day would be an endearing experience, but, truth be told, I would have preferred sleeping in and skipping church all together.  But, alas, it was cute and I get spoiled all year long so I shouldn't whine too much.

After church we stopped at Donut Land and Caribou to pick up a late breakfast.  Delicious no matter what time of day I get it.  Then the kids brought me some presents (a Keurig coffee maker and some coffee) and we tried to get a picture of the kids and I.  I think no less than 8 photos were snapped, and the majority of them looked like this:

But in the mix, we were able to get one decent shot.  At least everyone was looking at the camera.  Some, perhaps a bit more aggresively than the others (ahem...Austin).

For Mother's Day I told Rob I wanted him to plant a bunch of sticks in our yard!  10 total!

4 Apple Trees (if you squint you can see that fourth one)

and 6 Raspberry Bushes:

I figure in 5 years or so, these fruits, in combination with our tomatoes, peppers, onions, carrots, lettuce, and kolrabi's should make for a nice road side stand.  The Runchey Farmer's Market will be open on Saturdays from 8-noon.

No comments: