Monday, December 14, 2009

My Favorite Things - Part II

I have a peskily perfect neighbor.  She is always put together, even when she's being "grubby".  Her hair is always nicely done, even though she claims to hate it half the time.  Her house is always spotless AND completely decorated for the current season.  She manages to come up with endless crafts for her adorable daughter (Austin's girlfriend).  Her fashion sense is something I could only dream of, but reap the benefits of when her daughter outgrows her clothes (she gives me first pick for Ellie/Riley).  And, most importantly, when I call her at 1pm and mention that I have no chocolate in my house and that I might not make it through the day, she runs over with a slew of samples.

It was on just such an occasion last year when she ran over with these:


I honestly have never thought of myself as much of a peppermint fan.  Not much of a white chocolate fan for that matter.  But, I was delightfully surprised when I took my first bite.  Yum.  I was a fool and quickly devoured the 3 she brought me.  By 1:10, I was in need of more but was stuck at home with three sleeping kiddos.  The first thing I did when they woke up was run to Target with one sole mission.  More Peppermint Bark.  I was surprised to see all my available options:


But, be warned, they are seasonal and once your store is out, they most likely won't get any more in.  And that is a sad day.

Today is a happy day.  Ghirardelli has supplied me with 4 nice little (actually 2 of them are pretty big) samples for 4 lucky winners to devour.


Here's the contest details:
  • Leave a comment telling me your favorite holiday treat
  • If you have a blog and post about the giveaway, add another comment telling me so.  If you don't have a blog, but refer a friend and they stop by, leave another comment telling me so.
  • No entries after noon on Friday (my time).
  • I'll ship the prize anywhere in the U.S.
Enjoy!

13 comments:

Meggan said...

Ok - did I not just tell you this morning how awesome the candy cane kisses are? They are my new favorite holiday candy. I bet these are even better! Hope I win (if not I'll have to go out and buy my own). Thanks for all the fun contests!

Sue H said...

I just bought something similar yesterday! It's soooo good, just had a piece with my morning coffee. My favorite Christmas treat is a Capuccino Flats cookie. They aren't necessarily Christmassy, but that's the only time I think to make them. Chocolate/coffee-flavored cookie, half dipped in melted chocolate. mmmmm

Kerry said...

Lefse. I'm not sure that's considered a treat, but it usually comes out of hiding this time of year. I could eat stacks of them. When are we making some??? :)

Jane said...

Basically any cookie made with butter!

Carol said...

I love almost all Christmas cookies but especially the buttery ones that have the frosting in the middle (Kerry makes them). And, anyone interested in the lefse making can come on over and we'll take out the griddles.

murphy343 said...

Hersey's Kisses are my favorite. Peanut Brittle is also high up the list.

stl82 said...

Those Danish butter cookies that come in the blue tin. I could eat one a day (whole tin, that is). I was really hoping that neighbor of yours only looks that good in public. Thanks for sending my esteem down another few notches. I'll bet some cookies or chocolate would make me feel better...

The Snyder Family said...

Christmas cookies....my favorites are decorated sugar cookies with lots of frosting! Thanks for all the great give-aways....how do you do it? I love it! Happy Holidays!

Linda Rasmussen said...

Hi Tracy - I haven't checked out your blog for quite awhile. Guess I picked a good time to check it out. I love Christmas Cookies. I make a chocolate chip cookie with cream cheese in it. It's one of those that you can't eat just one. Also, anything chocolate will do for me.

Kristy said...

My favorite treat...that is a tough one. I would have to say either peanut blossom cookies or oreo balls.

Kerry said...

I just posted it on my blog. I'm in the mood for chocolate so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Jenny said...

I love lefse! And Christmas cookies with lots of frosting.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

My favorite holiday treat is definitely home made caramels - YUM!