Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy December - Let's Decorate!

A bit of writer's block and a bit of a bug kept me away for awhile, but I'm back.  You may all now breathe a sigh of relief!

Now that it's December the Christmasphiles in this house can come out of the closet.  It's now safe for us to put up the tree, decorate the house, and sing our Christmas carols at full bore.  We watch movies like Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer at least once a week all year long. 

A couple nights ago was our tree lighting ceremony.  Well, "ceremony" might be too strong of a word.  But we did put up the tree.  And, unrelated to the tree, here is a shot of Riley's belly.  None of her pants fit her because I cannot get them buttoned.  She's going to give Santa a run for his money.





Okay, back to the tree.


Ta-da!  We still have yet to hang any ornaments on it, but Austin reminds us at least hourly of this task. 


Riley needed to feel the tree with her feet.


Ellie serenaded us with a few of her favorites.  I believe here she was playing Jingle Bell Rock.

Austin and Ellie played in the Christmas tree box for at least 20 minutes.  It's times like that I wonder why we even buy them toys.


And for a grand finale, I played the piano for a bit.  I don't play the piano much because my skills have all but disappeared and it's impossible to play without 1 (or 3) of the kids also wanting "in" on the action.  But, at Christmas time all 13 years of lessons come rushing back to me and I'm a musical prodigy.  Or, at the very least, I can pound out Joy to the World.  As I was sitting there, I came across Away in the Manger and Austin started singing along.  I lost him at the page turn (or way before then) but here's a snippet of our performance.

No comments: