Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Why sometimes it's better to just stay out of it

I was trying to come up with something fun for the kids to do today.  It seems like it's been awhile since we have done something out of the ordinary.  While I was busy thinking, Austin started searching for one of Ellie's toys.  He thought it might be under the couch cushions (a very good possibility).  Over an hour later, I had to extract my children from the couch to get Austin to school on time.  And, again after lunch, in order for Austin to take a nap, I had to promise him that I would not touch the couch and put it back together.  These kids have played on the couch all day...NICELY.  I am willing (almost) to dismantle every piece of furniture I have if they agree to play like they have been today.



At first, it was a nest of some sort.





It turned into a slide.





A place for pretend naps.





A race track for cars.




And...well, I don't know what was going on here.


I do know a few things:
1)  I'm happy I regularly vacuum under our couch cushions
2)  Ellie really enjoys "Crazy Hair Day"
3)  My idea would not have been nearly as fun as what they came up with on their own.

No comments: