Monday, November 16, 2009

My helper....I think

With 30 minutes to spare before preschool today, I decided to vacuum. Thirty minutes is kind of pushing it if I really want to vacuum the house completely and not cut any corners.  But, I love a good challenge and the house really needed it, so I rolled up my sleeves and addressed my slaves children.  I explained the game plan and that their job was to clean up the family room floor while I tackled the kitchen.  Ellie loves nothing more than to sing our clean up song, so she got right down to business....singing.  She was too busy dancing around to actually do much the of picking up I requested.  Austin, on the other hand, scuried around picking up everything in site.  I think he is convinced the vacuum will suck up every toy left on the floor.  I have no idea how he would conjure up such an idea (what?  Me?)

Once the family room was complete and Riley was already busy tearing every book off the shelf (again), I  set to work on the stairs and sent Austin upstairs to clean his room.  After ten minutes, Austin met me on the staircase and announced his room was ready for me and the "toy destroyer".

He did exactly as I asked.




Well, sort of.

This is Austin's version of cleaning.  He takes everything off the floor and piles it onto his bed/couch/counter...whatever room we happen to be working on.




Now I need to come up with some sort of "cleaning monster" who eats toys piled on beds.

No comments: