Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Just call me Sherlock!

I've cracked the case.  The case of the sleepless child.

Here is Ellie right when she wakes up from her nap (I know, the nice mom that I am, bombards her with a camera right away...she was not pleased):


Innocent enough, right?  Only, this dear child has been skimping on her sleep more than usual.  My kids always seem to skimp on sleep, it's just how they roll.  I like to think that it is because I am so unbelievably fun that they cannot wait to hang out with me. (There will be no comments allowed for this portion of the post). 

I did a little investigating though.  I stripped her of her covers:


Still, doesn't look like she's hiding anything.  Or does it?



Aha!  Once you remove that innocent little girl and her innocent little blankets, things aren't so innocent.  She scampers around up in her room after I shut the door and finds almost every little toy she has and puts it into bed with her.

I'm sure this has a tiny bit to do with her early waking.  I don't know about you, bu I know I always have trouble sleeping on my binoculars and toy horse. 

I will just keep telling myself it is because I'm unbelievably fun.  My early mornings are a little bit brighter when I think that way.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Totally laughing at the bed full of toys! What a stinker!!

Abbie and Mike said...

I love it! Each one was certainly a requirement to helping her fall asleep no doubt!