Sunday, October 25, 2009

Things better left unsaid

We have a fairly standard tradition in our house.  On the weekends, at least one of the mornings, we get donuts for breakfast.  Rob piles Austin and Ellie into the van and drives to Donut World (I don't know the real name of the place, but that's what we call it) and they all saunter into the small store to pick out their usuals.  As they walk in the door, they are greeted as "the pajama crew" and pleasantries are exchanged.

We'll miss this place.



Today, when they arrived, their usual lady was helping them when another worker stepped up to use the cash register.  Austin looked up at the newcomer and said "You have a really big belly." 

Austin was just pointing out the facts as he saw them and left Rob scrambling for a response.  Rob considered saying "It's just because she has an apron on and it looks big." but instead went with "Sorry 'bout that".

I hope they all got a good chuckle.  I know I did when I was trying to explain to Austin that he doesn't always have to verbalize his thoughts.  I'm fairly certain that is a conversation that will be revisted in the near future.

**If you haven't already, be sure to enter for the give away below by Monday night.  You don't have to be local, I'll ship the prize to you if you win**

No comments: