Sunday, October 18, 2009

It wasn't so bad

When nap time came around last week, Austin and I wasted no time gearing up for some fun in the snow.

There's nothing like making the first tracks in the first snow.  After about 5 mintues of making footprints, he turned into a lion.


I was careful not to get too close because this lion was ferocious.




Well, maybe not.  Especially since 2 minutes later he was making snow angels. 

Then we used up the rest of the snow in the front yard to create our snowman.


After this, it was off to the side of the house for some sledding.  The first run down wasn't great because the snow was so sticky, but once we got the track made, Austin flew down the hill at a pretty good clip.  After about an hour, my gloves were soaked through.  I retreated inside and Austin went to the backyard to make a fresh set of footprints.

Maybe winter won't be so bad.  So long as it's 30 degrees every day with fresh snow.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Yay! Let's hear it for snow entertaining at least one of the kids for a while! I don't see any in our TX future... and I'm NOT complaining one bit!