Monday, October 12, 2009

How do you feel about it?



This picture is already outdated as I took it about 4 hours ago.  As most people with a blog in MN will tell you today, there is a lot of snow out there.

Austin was ecstatic when he saw it.  He was so excited to see the "snow crystals" (yes, he's a nerd already) that he didn't want to go to school.

Ellie's reaction was a bit more relateable.  "Look mommy!  Snow.....yuck!"

I have mixed feelings.  On a nice day like today, when the temp is a balmy 32 degrees and the kids and I will be outside, after we pick up Austin; I like snow.  I like it even more when I am skiing, but that doesn't happen all that often.  But since it's Monday, and since Mondays are yucky, I am going to focus on the negatives.  Here's the top 5 reasons I don't like snow:


  1. When we just had Austin, it took me 5 minutes to get out the door and on the road.  Add Ellie, add 5 minutes.  Add Riley, and it now takes 15 minutes just to get everyone's gear on.  That doesn't include us getting all buckled into carseats with all the bulky new gear.


  2. It's messy.  The extra gear is messy in the mud room, the snow is messy on my floors, the car is messy on the outside, the parking lots are messy to walk through.  Just plain messy.


  3. I have developed a dislike for driving in it.  I mean, given the choice, most everyone would choice to drive without the snow, but it actually makes me reconsider leaving the house on bad days.


  4. I can't just dart out to the mailbox barefoot anymore.  Well, I suppose I can....but it's not in my best interest.
  5. It's just a sign of colder weather to come.

Now, please excuse me as I take the kids to Target because two need new boots, two need hats, and all need mittens.  More gear....great.

No comments: