Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Good Day for a Nap

Days that are rainy and cold, like today, just make me want to curl up on the couch, under a heavy blanket, with a cup of hot cocoa, a bowl of popcorn (with lots of butter and salt), and a movie I've seen at least 100 times so that I don't have to pay attention.  That way, when I've consumed all the popcorn, and sipped the last bit of cocoa, I can fall asleep without having missed any crucial parts of the movie. 

I'm not the only one who thinks it's a good day for a nap.  This morning we managed to play on all three levels off the house before 8am.  Needless to say, it was an early morning for everyone.



Austin, Riley and I were in Austin's room playing with his Gorilla Mountain.  I realized after a few minutes that things were fairly quiet in Riley's room.  That is where Ellie was.  She was busy putting things in the toy box, then taking them out, then putting them in again.  When I went in the room, I didn't see her anywhere.  I actually left the room to go check the other rooms upstairs.  Still not seeing her, I went back to Riley's room and lifted up the cover of the toy box.  Voila!  She had crawled inside, with her blankets a few of her favorite stuffed animals.  She didn't even flinch when I opened the cover.


This kid is in the zone.

She's probably thinking how good some popcorn, hot cocoa, and the Lion King would be right now.

No comments: