Thursday, October 29, 2009

Going Batty

You know what the hardest part of my average day is?  It's the hours between when the kids wake up from nap and when Rob gets home from work.  Since I've been staying home, those 2-3 hours seem to drag on forever.  I think, by that point in my day, I'm just ready for some backup.  I'm ready for a couple "Dads" to be thrown in there with the hundred "Moms" the kids whine say.

Have I mentioned that Rob has been gone all week?  He comes home today, but he's been traveling for work this week.  That makes me the sole parent for these children 24/7 and that makes the majority of each day feel a little bit like that 2-3 hour stretch before Rob gets home from work.

In other words, I'm going insane.  Or batty!


This was a craft project we started on Monday.  A project that should have been completed within 20 minutes tops, but that was instead just completed last night because things like fevers and vomit kept interupting us.  Pesky vomit.

Above, from left to right, we have Ellie, Riley, and Austin crafty efforts.  Amazing how Riley is the best painter...isn't it?  Okay, she really didn't partake in the craft.  Except for me tracing her hands.  She LOVED that part.  I have about 3 more pages full of Riley's hands because her giggle should be bottled up and sold everywhere.






We need to do more crafts around here.  They make the time go faster.  So does "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown".  That was on Tuesday night.  Oh, and "Monsters vs. Aliens Save Halloween"...that was on last night.  And wine.  That works well too.



I kid...I kid

5 comments:

The Spend Freely Mama said...

I have to leave a comment...I felt like I was reading MY life! My husband's name is Rob...those are the hardest 2-3 hours of my day...my Rob has been gone all week...and my Rob gets back tonight! Weird! Love the bats too, BTW!

the Provident Woman said...

Those are so cute! What a great idea!

Wanted to let you know that I have a giveaway on my blog. Just click on the giveaway picture on one of the right sidebars.
theprovidentwoman.com

Tracy said...

Spend Freely Mama - that is too weird! If you tell me your Rob's flight was delayed I think we'll have entered the Twilight Zone!

Provident Woman - I'll be sure to sign up!

Tfipps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Spend Freely Mama said...

No flight delays here. In fact he was even back early! So happy!