Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ellie Belly


This little gal cracks me up on a daily basis.

She definitely has the most carefree attitude of any of the kids.  This very attitude drives me nuts at times.  For example:

M: Hurry up Ellie, we need to get going!
E:  Coming Mom!
*Ellie bends down to pick up a toy and starts playing with it*
M:  Come one Ellie, we need to get in the car!
E:  Okay mom, here I come
*Ellie zig zags through the family room with a goofy grin on her face that you can't help but love*
M:  Ellie!  Let's go!!!  Hustle!
E:  Okay mom.  Look at me, I'm hustling!
*Ellie actually comes now with exaggerated arm movements like she's moving really fast, but never in the most direct path*

The thing is, she always answers me in a sing-song voice that tells me she either doesn't care, or doesn't know I'm irritated.  It's hard to be mad at her for not listening because even when I'm pulling-my-hair-out mad (that's MAD) she usually has nothing but a smile and a "coming mom!" for me.

She definitely lives in her own little world.


A world where Mr. Potato Head glasses fit perfectly and are required for a ride on a firetruck.


A world where we don chef hats and make french fries and strawberries on the stove.


I want to live in her world.  A world of footie pajamas, no time constraints, oodles of self-confidence, and a hat for every occasion.

No comments: