Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Denial

When Austin came home from school yesterday, he spiked a 102 temperature.  Two hours later, he was fine.  Around 6pm, it shot back up to 103.  I declared an early bedtime for everyone at 7:15pm.  Austin was the only one to not fight it.  At 10pm, while he was sleeping, his temperature went back down to 98.

I've been here before so, before I went to bed, I gathered my arsenal of "sick kid" gear.  Beach towels, bowl, medicine, new sheets.

At 4:15am, he woke up running towards me with a belly ache.  I had the bowl right there, he tried to throw up, but couldn't.  Then immediately fell asleep in my arms.  I layed him down in my bed so I could try to get some more sleep.  Ha!  Good one.  Everytime he made a noise I was sure he was going to vomit all over our new sheets and comforter. 

At 5:30 Ellie woke up.  Note to self, "early to bed, early to rise". 

Austin woke up around 6am and wanted to go downstairs for a snack.  He declared he was not sick no matter how many times I suggested he might be.

Here's how our morning has progressed since he came down.





(side note on this picture - why are there two sets of shadows for his legs?)




He has since flipped again.  I gently set the bowl on the floor by him, just in case.  I didn't say a word, and I swear the bowl didn't make a noise, and he mumbled "I'm not sick."  Denial.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Hopefully it is just a quick bug not accompanied by vomit.

Amy said...

Oh no!! Hope he recovers quickly and the two girls don't catch anything!

Tracy said...

Thanks, he's okay now. I'm keeping him home from school today just to be sure, but he's fine.