Thursday, October 22, 2009

Coffee for a Cure

By now you are all probably aware of my love for Caribou Coffee.  Specifically, I love their Turtle Mocha.  I love their shops with the cabin-like feel.  The cozy fireplaces, comfy chairs, free wi-fi.....ahhhhh.  And I now have another reason to love them.  They are supporting Breast Cancer Research through Susan G. Komen.

In 1995, they lost one of their roastmasters, Amy Erickson, to breast cancer.  She was in her early 30s. 

Early 30s.  Ugh.

She was passionate about her job and passionate about her coffee.  To honor her legacy every October (which is Breast Cancer awareness month) Caribou Coffee offers a blend of coffee called Amy's Blend.  They donate 10% of the sales Amy's Blend merchandise to Susan G. Komen for the Cure


They are also offering up an Amy's Blend tea this year.  It's a caffiene-free red tea "with just the right amount of spicy cardamom and warm cinnamon to create a velvety smooth, soothing, hot tea experience. Amy’s Blend tea is all natural and high in antioxidants. ".  I haven't tried the tea, but I think the tin is a keeper.  I can see it in a nice gift basekt with a cute mug and some ribbon.

And maybe coffee and tea aren't your thing.  That's okay, but you should still check out the other products they have to offer.  See them here


I'm digging the colors of this tumbler.  Super cute!  Maybe I wouldn't even need the coffee to wake me up in the morning if I just had this bright cheery cup to greet me.

Caribou has a goal of reaching $200,000 in donations this year.  Why not help them out.  Or, just go directly to Susan G. Komen, and make a donation.  Or, visit this site.  It's a link to the donation page for the 2010 Breast Cancer 3 Day walk in the Twin Cities.  Pick a random walker, donate, and make their day.  3 Days, 60 miles.  I participated in 2004 and I'm still recovering.  Emotionally and physically.

Oh, and before I forget, three more reasons I love Caribou and why you should too.  They have given me some gifts to give to you!  Remember that nice gift basket vision of the tea and the mug?

You provide the basket.  Also, this cute reuseable tote and a pound of Amy's Blend coffee!


And one lucky winner will receive a $10 giftcard to go and do their own shopping.  You know, like a cute tumbler cup for your favorite blogger!

To be entered in the give away, just leave a comment below telling me how you like your coffee.  Milk? Sugar? Straight up? Not too hot with 2 packets of sweet n' low and enough caramel vanilla cream to make it a light golden brown?  Or something like that.  Tell your friends!  The more the merrier!

Leave your comments before 9pm on Monday the 25th and I'll randomly choose the winners.

Drink (coffee) for the cure!

20 comments:

Jennie said...

Fun! Just basic cream and sugar for me. And I too love that tumbler!

Sue H said...

Oooh, coffee! If I'm at home, I love using my Keurig coffee brewer. I make two cups through one K-cup, and my favorite is the Caribou medium roast one (orange-colored top), with a healthy spash of Coffee-Mate Creme Brulee creamer. If I'm out, Caribou is my choice. Then I like a 2% non-flavored latte'. Big. Oh, I want one right now!

Sheri said...

Ashley worked at Caribou all through high school, and if she was still there, she would be hugging you so hard right now. Selling Amy's blend was a really big deal for each individual store, as well as the company as a whole. They worked really hard to raise money for the cure. Go Tracy!!

Jane said...

I prefer tea or their Chai Latte! Allen is the coffee drinker in the house, usually black sometimes with cream.

The Pats said...

I like mine with one pack of the "pink" sweetner, Pat likes cream and sugar in hers. We haven't ever tried the Caribou coffee, it sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

I'm a turtle mocha fan, no snickers. I add a little bit of sweetener. YUM!

I like the mug!

Mom

Kristy said...

I am a huge Caribou fan. I like a small latte, skim, no froth, half shot of white choc, half shot of hazelnut. Mmmmmmm!

david.infanger said...

The day I thought I'd read that TBone is a loyal coffee drinker...my how times change. Then again, it's turtle mocha so that's sort of like Tater Half brew.

I've been far out of touch with this site and will make a point to be more in tune with its goings on. Oh, and I now study cancer - brain - but half of our lab focuses on the Susan Komen kind.

Kerry said...

Turtle. Usually decaf. Today it was a large!!!

Dan said...

I'm a turtle mocha with snickers!
It is a good refreasher even on a warm day..

carrie said...

skim milk and one sugar cube. hmm, i'll be sure to try the blend... thanks.

Anonymous said...

I love my Caribou super sweetened with about 20 packs Splenda and a dash of skim!

Chrissy

Abbie and Mike said...

Never thought I'd have a comment about coffee... thanks, Jonah. I usually drink what ever is left from Mike's morning coffee... equal parts coffe and coffee mate with a litle scoop of sugar too! We don't have a Caribou, so I'm not actually entering to win anything. But I really like your contest!

Matt said...

Medium Mocha for me, and don't forget the choclate covered coffee bean!

michelle said...

MMmmm, you know I like my peppermint mochas! I do like coffee with milk and Splenda. Love your blog!

The Spend Freely Mama said...

I LOVE a spoonful of Splenda and some Coconut creamer in my coffee...mmmmm! Gonna go make some decaf right now!

Jessica said...

Skim mocha for me. I LOVE coffee!

Meggan J said...

Minty and chocolatey but Skinny of course!!!!

Amy said...

White Chocolate Mocha with skim, please ...Or the Turtle Mocha... or Hazelnut Northern Lite Latte... Too many favorites, apparently!

stl82 said...

Black please!