Thursday, August 20, 2009

Who Says TV is Bad for Kids?

Let me set the scene. I was eating a wholesome breakfast of eggs, whole wheat toast, and a piping hot cup of coffee (or a candy bar...my memory is foggy). I was showered, dressed, and ready to tackle the day (a girl can dream, right?) and out of the blue Austin came up to me and said "Mom, I'm just going to starve! I really need a carrot!"

I just about spit out my candy bar eggs. Did I hear him right? Just in time to confirm what I thought I heard, Ellie came up behind him and said "Mom! Carrot!".

I'm not sure I've ever moved so fast in the morning. I had two carrots washed, peeled, and handed over in under 10 seconds. And they cheered. "Yea!!! Carrots!!!" I can guarantee you that exclamation has NEVER been uttered in our house before.




That's my photographic evidence. Never mind the fact that they are both glued to the TV. Never mind the fact that the only reason they wanted carrots was because they were watching Super Why and he was helping Peter Rabbit find a carrot for his mom. They are eating carrots.

Maybe in another hour they will actually finish them. I'm in no hurry.







No comments: