Thursday, May 7, 2009

A mean streak

Austin, on a regular basis, freaks out about something obscure. He has cried for 30 minutes straight because Ellie ate a piece of paper the size of my pinky fingernail. He has never gotten viscious about it though. This morning our conversation went like this:

(Austin at the window)
A: Mom! That bird is eating our seeds!!! (I think he's referring to the little dirt things in our yard after Rob aerated the lawn)

M: (distracted by Riley) Mmmm, yummy. Those lucky birds

A: Mom, make them stop, I don't want them to eat the seeds!

M: Austin, they are birds, they need to eat something, it's no big deal

A: Mom I want you to go out there and say "Stop it birdies! Stop it right now!"

M: Austin, they are birds. It's okay, we have plenty of seeds

A: No Mom, you need to go out there. Let's throw something at them. I want to throw a piece of garbage at them! It won't hurt them, but it will make them go away!

M: ????

Where does he come up with these things. Who throws garbage at birds? I assure you he didn't learn that at our house...unless there is something Rob wants to confess.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Perhaps he's still fixated on the trauma of me throwing Ellie's floor food in the garbage a couple days ago...

Jane said...

That's better than when Barrett tells me to throw her in the garbage. What is that about?