Thursday, April 16, 2009

A new gate

Rob made a gate for our deck last weekend. It's something I've wanted for awhile, but we just never got around to it for a variety of reasons. It only took him about 30 minutes to make from start to finish. It's just that "start" was about a month ago.

I love it already. We have a street by our house that people go way to fast on. Although Austin has never shown any interest in leaving our yard or playing in a street, I just don't feel comfortable leaving him out in the yard unsupervised. And with two little sisters that need a lot more attention (diaper changes indoors), the poor guy barely gets outside some days. With the gate, I can at least let them all play outside without be right by them every minute. So far we have used the deck every day since the gate installation as a place for them to play while I make lunch.
I know some of you are thinking a deck is a fairly boring place to play. But not our deck.
It has slides...



Toys...


And every once in awhile, a fort...

Thanks Rob!

No comments: