Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tracy Day 2009

One summer day, in between my sophomore and junior year of college, my friends and I were lounging around and I mentioned how I wouldn't be hanging out with them the next day because it was "Tracy Day". This raised some questions as to what exactly was "Tracy Day". I explained to them it was just that. My day. I made the itinerary and my mom and I spent the day together shopping, going out to lunch, etc. Everyone was immediately jealous and declared certain days of that summer their day. It actually was quite fun and we did some interesting things we probably wouldn't have thought to do otherwise. Twins games, cliff jumping, making pottery...whatever each friend wanted to do on their day. Why am I telling you this? Because I just celebrated Tracy Day 2009! It was yesterday.

Tracy Day has taken on a new twist. Rob has known of this mysterious holiday since we met and he has done a great job of keeping up with the tradition. Sometimes more than once a year! He has also added the element of surprise to it which brings me to last Thursday. Rob came home with flowers and a card for me. When I opened the card I got the best surprise ever. He had planned out a whole day for me.
  • 8am - Kerry picks me up to go skiing
  • 8:10 - we stop for my favorite coffee (gift card included)
  • 9am - 3pm skiing (with a break for lunch)
  • 5:15pm - a facial at the spa
  • 8:15pm - my mom comes to babysit and we go out for dinner

I had a great day to say the least!!! Kerry and I were among the first at Afton for the day and were a little leery of the freshly groomed ice (er, I mean snow). We got used to it and I am pretty sure we went down every run they had. We even managed to get just a little lost on our way back to the car.




My facial was fantastic and I walked away feeling fairly rejuvenated. Once the kids were in bed we snuck out as my mom snuck in. We didn't fool Austin who heard the garage door open but Grandma eased his concerns and he went back to sleep. Rob and I just headed out for appetizers and a light bite. A perfect ending to my day. I'm fairly confident I have the best husband ever. He sets the bar pretty high.

Now it's time for all of you to pull out the calendars and declare your day. Or better yet, declare one for someone else and surprise them!

No comments: