Friday, January 9, 2009

To the Moon!

At Playworks today Austin told me he went on a "bear hunt". I'm not exactly sure what this involved but when we got home he wanted to go on another adventure. We tossed around a few ideas. We could look for dinosaurs in the basement, pretend we're Aladdin and his friends in the Cave of Wonders, or pretend we were fish and he was a shark. Then we tested out all of these ideas for awhile but what we settled on was going to the moon. The kids made some moon hats. Not a completely original idea because we have a movie where a little bear pretends to go to the moon and puts a colander on his head for his moon hat. But, I think the moon hat accessories (wooden spoons) might have been their creation (I'm not sure, I haven't watched that movie in a long time).




Ellie thoroughly enjoyed this adventure and brought me her hat and said "On on on on on" while she handed me two spoons to put on it. Then she ran around the kitchen island with a spatula yelling "Moon! Moon! Moon!" Austin took his moon hat and the remaining kitchen utensils and a few pans behind the chair. Eventually our adventure had to end because my astronauts got hungry. We settled on PB&Js because all of my other kitchenware was left on the moon.

No comments: