Monday, December 15, 2008

New Santa

A few years ago my sister gave me the inside scoop on a place where you could bring your kids to get a picture taken with Santa...for free! Even better was that he was great with the kids and pleased the parents as well because no matter what your child was doing (throwing a complete tantrum), he just smiled away at the camera and we always walked away with a nice picture. Well, this year our favorite Santa has been replaced. The new Santa is not on my nice list right now.

Ok, so yes, he was good with Austin and perhaps that should count for something. He was a little cheesy in asking Austin if he was helping us dust (which we thought was fairly random) and continually giving him high fives for everything, but Austin was able to tell Santa what his plan of attack should be for our house and where to find the stockings and Santa didn't rush him. When it came time to take a picture we put Riley in one arm (she did well) we had Austin stand in the middle (he did well) and we put Ellie on his other leg. She did not do well. However, he didn't even give us a chance to get a picture. She squirmed a bit, cried a little and he put her down and said "It's just not worth it". Now we are stuck without a picture of the kids and Santa.
We have Austin and Riley:

Austin and Ellie's side (and one of the hundred high fives he asked for):

And this is the best I can come up with for a complete picture:

That's not creepy at all....Ellie more resembles the ghost of Christmas past, but I guess we'll work with what we have. In the meantime, if you were planning a trip to Nordstroms to visit the best Santa around, save yourself the trip. He went back to the North Pole.
(Update: Just to clarify, Ellie did not bring her potato to visit Santa, nor did she wear her pajamas. I just photoshopped her into the picture with Austin and Riley, which is why she looks pasty. Another update, I didn't have the heart to cook her potato last week, she still has it.)

2 comments:

Jane said...

The spud in the last picture cracks me up!

Jess said...

OMG I am totally cracking up that you photoshopped her in!

Next year come to Eric's office in Chaska...the Santa is AWESOME and it is free. And I even take the pics and send them to you for free so you don't have to do it yourself. Remind me next year to send you the info. I promise we won't tell you that it isn't worth it...the screaming ones are my favorite!!