Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A little nugget of information

For the past week or so I have been trying to work on Austin's fine motor skills. We have been doing a lot of coloring, cutting, and building things. I'm not sure he's behind in any of these areas, but it's not something we do a lot of so, why not? Really, my main goal is to figure out if he is right or left handed. He doesn't favor one over the other. Most meals he grabs the spoon/fork with his right hand, but if the applesauce is on the left side of the plate, he'll switch the spoon to his left hand for easier access. When we finger painted, he used his right hand, but I had the plate of paint on his right side so again, I think it's just a matter of what's easiest. I can't figure it out. When we color, he puts a crayon in both hands. Ellie, ont he other hand, just puts the crayons in her mouth. More than just putting them in her mouth, she literally eats them. I was spending so much time trying to figure out Austin's hand preference that when I looked at Ellie, this is what I saw:


And that "nugget of information" in the title...well, it comes out the same color it goes in.

No comments: