Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Worth the wait

Last Saturday we went to Katelyn's 3rd birthday party. They had the works: dinner, cake, a pinata, and a jumpy castle! Everyone had a fabulous time...including Riley. The Smith's invited their neighbors to the party to partake in the festivities. I have met these folks maybe twice. They are very nice but I have failed both time to catch their names. Therefore, they are Mr. and Mrs. X here on out.

Shortly into our visit Mrs. X wanted to hold Riley. While she was doing so, Riley got hungry so I prepared a bottle and got ready to feed her. Mrs. X offered to feed her and I happily took her up on her offer. Meanwhile I went downstairs to watch the pinata action which, by the way, was quite amusing. Mrs. X came downstairs and I inquired about Riley. She informed me that Riley was fast asleep and that Mr. X was holding her and enjoying it quite a bit. They have been out of the baby stage for 7 years and were enjoying holding a little one again. When I went upstairs Riley was wide awake and smiling away at Mr. X! What? A complete stranger and she had apparently been flashing smiles at him for the last 15 minutes. I was excited to see so many smiles on her face but I was equally jealous. That's when it became my mission to get Riley to smile more for me. Here are the attempts from the last few days:


Nope, not what I'm looking for...



"Get that camera out of my face mom!"


Getting closer....


BINGO!!!! Granted it took me 3 days of hard work, but I think it's worth it.

No comments: