Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Toddler Tuesday

We've been spending a lot of time in the house lately. Riley's attitude is a bit of a crap shoot so rather than taking the kids places, even outside, it's been easier for me to hang out inside where I can keep tabs on everyone and don't have to worry about them running off. But, this is what Austin was doing the other day:


He is skateboarding...with a book as his skateboard. Although I think that is creative, I decided it was time to get out of the house. I read that the Mall of America has a program called "Toddler Tuesday". Each week is a different theme with games, activities, meet and greets, etc. Sounded good to me. This Tuesday it was "Dora the Explorer Day". Knowing that my niece, Katelyn, LOVES Dora and further knowing that Austin enjoys the show when he gets a chance to see it, I thought we should all go. Kelly took a day off work and brought Katelyn and Ashley. I brought my kids (and my sister for back up just in case) and we all met at the mall.

Toddler Tuesday = Crazy!

Austin and Katelyn did play "Pin the boots on Boots" but in general it could be summarized as too many strollers in too small of a space. In addition to that, all the activities had lines and trying to navigate strollers through lines is next to impossible, not to mention, what toddler wants to stand still in a line? Austin had more fun looking at the animals outside the Rainforest Cafe.



So, although I give the mall and A for making the effort, I don't think it will be something we try again anytime soon. Back to skateboarding for us! That is, until Austin starts using the stairs as some sort of half pipe.

No comments: